Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

That was close...

This morning started off kind of shaky.  I've got a couple of big projects on my plate and it feels like I haven't had a chance to just sit down and take a breath.  On top of that I was running a bit late to a potluck this morning and my dish was taking forever to cook and my son was screaming and refusing to nap and my daughter couldn't be plied with Dora, she wanted SCHOOL NOW! and I didn't have time to set up a school project for her and I just wanted her to leave me alone so I could finish getting us all ready, andforgoodnesssake, PLEASE JUST WATCH TV! 

Whew.  I finally got us out of the door mostly on time (30 minutes late is mostly on time, right?), and we spent a lovely morning hanging out with friends.  And then.

Then we got home, I walked in the door and realized that the back door was wide open.  Wide open.  I must have left it open after I brought the dogs in before we left in such a hurry.  Forget the fact that we could have been robbed blind.  We have two declawed indoor kitties that have been with us longer than our dogs and children.  We love them.  If they got out they would be torn to shreds by the neighborhood kitties.

I frantically started searching the house, knowing with a sinking feeling in my stomach that the cats were gone...the cats were gone...oh my god, my cats are gone!  And then.

Then I found them, sleeping peacefully under my bed.  Content and probably perfectly oblivious to the fact that the back door had been wide open for the past three hours.  I cannot even describe the feeling of joy I had when I found them.  All I can say is that someone above was looking out for my little kitties today!

3 comments:

Kristin J said...

Whew. I just breathed a sigh of relief too. I'm sooooo glad your kitties are safe and sound. We have two indoor kitties too and I would panic too.

Tina said...

Yikes! I'm glad the kitties are safe and sound and also that you didn't get robbed!
Your rice dish was super yummy by the way!

Unknown said...

Happy that u'r kitties are safe!! I am you'r newest follower!! Hope to see you follow back HaddyGrace Designs