Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ghosts of New Year's Past

4years ago I had a crazy, drunken, smooch filled New Year's Eve befitting my age and childless newly married state.

3 years ago I was pregnant with Michaela and exhausted all the time.  I slept through New Year's Eve.

2 years ago Michaela was a baby, we were still co-sleeping, and I was exhausted all the time.  I slept through New Year's Eve.

1 year ago Rafael was a newborn.  I was exhausted all the time.  I slept through New Year's Eve.

This year I have an almost 3 year old and a 1 year old, and even though I am still exhausted all the time, they both sleep glorious 12 hour nights.  I figured if I was ever going to actually stay awake during New Year's Eve, this had better be the year, before I get pregnant again.  And so I invited 2 of my sisters over and spent the night drinking wine, watching Love Actually, and hanging out with the 2 women who I never have to censor myself around.  It was a great night, and the perfect way to bring in the New Year (finally)!

0 comments: