Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Chocolate Mousse & Tuiles

Motherhood for Dummies hosts Family Moment Mondays, check her out to get more ideas on how to spend time together as a family!


My FMM today is a delicious recipe that I tried out this weekend. We were invited to a friends house for dinner and asked to bring a dessert. I sat racking my brain trying to come up with something that would be easy and fast, and finally turned to Kraft, my go-to website for quick food. I found this delicious recipe for chocolate mousse using Toblerone candy bars. This was super easy and super quick to put together. With your supervision, a child could easily make this. If not, your kids will love licking the mixing spoon with this dessert.
The only problem was that this mousse was a little bit rich. I started thinking of ways to balance the richness of the chocolate, and decided to try making some mild cookies to go along with the mousse. I decided to make a tuile- a thin, mildly sweet cookie that can be shaped however you like while still warm from the oven. I found this particular recipe here. Your kids will love making these cookies into little cups, rolling them into little cylinders, making them look like waffle cones, or simply draping them along a rolling pin to create a pringle shape like I did. If you want to go one step further, you can dip, or drizzle the cookies in melted chocolate once they are shaped.
Toblerone Chocolate Mousse
Ingredients:
· 8 triangles (2.5 oz) Toblerone Chocolate
· 2.5 cups Cool Whip, thawed [I used about 4 cups, it made it a little less rich.]

Directions:
· Microwave chocolate about 1 minute or until mostly melted and let cool about 30 seconds.
· Add in Cool Whip and stir until well blended.
· Chill in refrigerator for at least 1.5 hours. [The longer it chills, the better it tastes, and the more mousse-like a consistency it becomes.]
Belgian Tuile Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1/2 c butter, softened [I used margarine]
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c all-purpose flour
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375, grease cookie sheets.
  • Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
  • Add egg white, vanilla, and salt
  • Gradually add flour until well blended.
  • Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet, and flatten slightly with a spatula. [These spread when they cook. The original directions say to place them 4 inches apart on the cookie sheet, but I did them about 1 inch apart and they were fine.]
  • Bake 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
  • Pull them out of the oven, as soon as you are comfortable handling them, take them and place them over a rolling pin to create "pringle" shape.
  • Let cool about 1 minute before removing from rolling pin.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Anything using Toblerone has to be amazing! I am definently going to have to try this.

Lyndsie Miles said...

That looks good... makes me drool.

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious!!!

I put my blog on private, because of some tricky issues I'm going through right now, but I want to keep in touch with you, do you have an email address you use publicly, so I can invite you to be a reader?

A.D. McClish said...

My husband loves chocolate mousse and I've never tried to make it simply because it sounds scary. But I think even I would be hard pressed to mess this one up! Thanks!

Rosemary said...

Interesting recipe. Those cookies sound like fun.