Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rafael Wilbur Lucero-Watje

Welcome to the world little guy! Rafael Wilbur Lucero-Watje
Born Tuesday, November 24th @ 9:48pm
6lb 13.2 oz & 20 inches long
My induction started at 6am with a capsule to get things moving. I was progressing on my own till about 3pm, at which point my contractions had started to space out, so they started me on pitocin. Active labor really started kicking in around 5 or 6pm and by 9:30 pm I was feeling the need to push. I was only 9cm though and the baby was still fairly high so my midwife went to deliver another baby. By the time she came back to check on me, the baby was almost crowning and she didn't have enough time to put on a gown! (Which was really unfortunate for her since my water didn't break until Rafael was coming out!)
We had a nice relaxing time afterwards as got to meet each other and bond for a little bit. They didn't even take him from my arms to weigh him until about a half hour after he was born.
Then they wrapped him up and Philip spent some good daddy/son bonding time with him. We spent a fairly relaxing day recovering at the hospital and were able to get home for a potluck Thanksgiving dinner at our house on Thursday.
Michaela is definitely interested in her brother, but has had a few moments of anger when either me or Philip is holding him and we can't pick her up.
Tomorrow is Philip's last day home and I'm a little bit nervous about what this week has in store for us!

1 comments:

MoonNStarMommy said...

Ooh how WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the world Rafael!!! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

I'm just coming back from a blogging break and catching up on all those I read, and what a wonderful thing to come back to!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!