Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Library Woes

We were planning on meeting a friend for lunch today, but Rafael was super grumpy so I put him down for a nap.  It was a really fast nap so I decided to load the kids up and run to the library real quick with the intention of calling to see if she was still at the restaurant when we were done.  Our library trips usually only take about 10 minutes so it was totally possible.

Except while there, Michaela had a really really hard poop (I'm sure you needed to know that) and started screaming and crying in pain.  Many of you who actually know Michaela can attest to the fact that she is a REALLY loud screamer.  Yeah, imagine that in the middle of a quiet library.

God bless the amazing librarian who took pity on me as I struggled to make an escape while holding and comforting Michaela, pushing the double stroller with Rafael in it with one hand, and dragging along the full bag of library books we had just picked.  She helped me into a small bathroom I've never noticed before in the children's section and I was able to get Michaela's diaper changed and calm her down. 

Yeah, we decided to just call it a day and go home after that.

2 comments:

Kristin J said...

Oh I know about those hard poops, both the boys have major problems too until I found the miracle cure (I can fill you in later if you are interested). That library lady that sits at the desk by the little bathroom is a full on Saint! She is always so good to us as well.

I hope the rest of the day goes smoothly for you.

Tracey M. said...

I love your refreshing honesty.