Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ignoring Responsabilities

It's a slow morning. Rafael and I have been up for a couple hours already, and nothing is accomplished. Usually I rush to take a shower before Rafael gets tired of being by himself and starts screaming at the top of his lungs. This usually wakes up Michaela so I have to rush to get her up, get her diaper changed and her breakfast made as fast as humanly possible so that I can go get Rafael who is still screaming at the top of his lungs and is so worked up at this point that only a 20 minute nursing session will calm him down. By the time he is finally starting to calm down, Michaela is done with her breakfast and comes wandering into the living room with her smoothie cup in hand even though I tell her every single morning to leave it in the kitchen so that she doesn't ruin my carpets (any more than they are already ruined!). Then I attempt to put Rafael in the bassinet or swing while I get Michaela dressed and after 5 minutes he starts screaming again so I have to go nurse him again. And thus proceeds my day, nursing, paying attention to Michaela, screaming and nursing again.

But not this morning. Rafael and I woke up, played quietly a bit, and then came and sat on the rocker in the living room where I've been web surfing and he's been cat-napping for almost 2 hours. I can hear Michaela talking to herself in her room, so I know all the craziness is going to start up pretty soon, but for now I'm going to stretch this quiet peaceful moment just a tiny bit longer because who knows when the next one will come?

2 comments:

Little Family Fun said...

Hi There!
Sorry it's taken me so long to come over and thank you for your comment on my blog and say hello!
You have a beautiful family!
Linda

Kristin J said...

I love mornings like that! *sigh* They are so rare though.