Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Wish Me Luck!

I've been looking around for a new baby carrier/sling for a couple of weeks. Michaela still fits in the NoJo, but now that she's wigglier and wants to see things I would like to have one where she could be on my back. I was starting to get pretty discouraged because we are on a tight budget and all the back carriers seemed to be $100-$200. At church on Sunday, I saw a woman tying a large scarf around herself several times. Then I saw her pick up her toddler and but her in the scarf securely. I was fascinated! I'd never seen a homemade carrier before! So I started doing some research online and came across this website. It not only has instructions on how to make your own baby carrier, it also has step-by-step instructions on how to wear them in many different positions. I'm so excited, I going to the fabric store right now! I'll have an update as soon as my carrier is ready to use!

5 comments:

Leah said...

I could never get comfortable with slings.

Unknown said...

Yeah I had never even thought about baby carrying until this preggo, this will be my 3rd angel (baby girl). I've seen alot of mei tai's, sling wraps, baby bjorn's! Its all a bit confusing..I'm actually considering it with Helana but I wouldn't with my boys, they were way too big of babies and I'm very petite!

Commenting from Momdot

Libby Design said...

I SO could have used something like that when my kids were younger. Hope it works well for you!!

Kris said...

I loved my wrap when Izzie was a wee one.

Now that she's bigger, the Beco is our fave.

suzannah | the smitten word said...

i LOVE my ring sling--it is so simple to use, comfy for us both, and i imagine easy to make. good luck finding/making something that works for you.